What are the most common child safety seat installation mistakes?*
- Not using the right child safety seats for a child's size and age;
- Not placing the child safety seat in the correct direction;
- Incorrect installation of the child safety seat in relation to the vehicle's air bags;
- Incorrect installation and tightness of the child safety seat to the vehicle seat;
- Not securing/tightening the child safety seat's harness and crotch straps;
- Improper use of locking clips for certain vehicle safety belts;
- Not making sure the vehicle's seat belts fit properly across the child when using a booster seat; and
- Using a defective or broken child safety seat.
*Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
A few great resoures for more safety tips:
SeatCheck.org they'll also tell you where you can get your car seat safely installed for FREE.
The Car Seat Lady has a lot of great information.