Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Scootering Safely

As my oldest grows from his toddler car seat to his booster, he also becomes more active and safety becomes something we have to think about in everything he does. One of his FAVORITE things to do is ride his scooter! And what I love about the scooter is that it's so portable. We can fold it up and take it everywhere, and we do.  With Spring in the air and sunshine actually out up here in Vermont... I thought I might take a moment and remind of some of the things we should think about when riding a scooter.  Below is a great image I actually borrowed from the Consumer Product Safety Commisions website. 

Last year, over 40,000 people were taken to the hospital emergency rooms in the U.S. because of injuries from riding scooters. Most of the injuries were kids under 15!


You can find more Kid Safety Information on the CSPS website!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment